Welcome to SIMON-Fleisch


Company · Corporate development

Tradition of more than 150 years

Our family-run business looks back on a long-standing tradition. In 1850 the foundations stone was laid by Jakob Simon who worked as an ox merchant back then. In the follow-up generations, the livestock business was carried on and further developed.

In 1912 the Slaughtering House of Wittlich was founded. This is where Bernhard Simon opened up a wholesale market for livestock and meat in 1937.The historical slaughtering sight in the town center of Wittlich remained in operation until today's plant was fully constructed.

In 1976 one of the industry's most modern slaughter and butcher plants was built on 35,000 square metres in the industrial zone of Wittlich.

Two years later, the authorised representative Paul J. Simon and the merchant Bernhard J. Simon took over as the fourth generation to lead the company. In addition to extending the core business, a game animal processing plant accredited by the EU was also established on the company premises in 1991. Here, about 5,000 game animals are butchered and processed each year.



Generation change afoot

In 2008 the next change was introduced to the management of the family-run business. Dr. Bernhard J. Simon (on the right) is a trained livestock and meat trader, studied law in Bayreuth and Munich and completed his legal clerkship in Munich and Paris.

The master butcher and degreed professional in economics Alexander Simon entered into the family business in 2012. He studied business administration at Cologne University and the University of Newcastle before working for an internationally operating business consulting company for several years.

Since the end of 2014, the two juniors representing the fifth generation of the family business have been sole partners of the company SIMON-Fleisch GmbH. They now manage the group of companies together with their fathers.


Scroll through our image gallery with impressions of the last 100 years.